Monday, February 9, 2009

Letting Go...


When you first begin your business venture, you wind up doing EVERYTHING...acting as a bookkeeper, a receptionist, administrative assistant and CEO. And then your business grows and you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and things are starting to pile up on your "to do" list.


The important thing to remember is that you are NOT ALONE! There is a huge virtual world of people to help you.



I realized this in a recent lesson I learned. Having "done it all" for the last 10 years of my business, when it came time to launch a new site (thehomebizbuzz.com ---coming soon!) I panicked! How was I going to have time enough to create the content, set up the technical aspects of a website AND keep my other ventures going? So, I decided to take a lesson from some of my favorite mentors and realized that delegation was the key to my success, and I decided to outsource my web design.

Elance.com and guru.com are two excellent sites to post projects and have providers bid on your job. You set the budget and time frame and are protected through an escrow system. There are many qualified virtual administrative assistants, web designers, graphic designers, bookkeepers and much more out there, waiting to help your business grow.

The bottom line is that if you want your business to grow you need to stop trying to do it all yourself and think about what you can delegate to others so that you can focus on what YOU do best---growing your business!

__________________________________________________________________________


Jennifer Wong is a successful solo entreprenuer who began her business over 10 years ago, pioneering the way for many successful internet entrepreneurs. She offers home-based business coaching and mentorship programs and a biweekly ezine from her website, www.thehomebizbuzz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment